A brochure website is a ‘regular’ website shall we say. You can’t buy directly from the site, but you can learn about the company or organisation and decide if you would like to visit the establishment or make contact.
In a way, brochure websites have to work harder to get that enquiry in the first place because the products aren’t on full display. This is why we make sure we understand your business so that we can create a website that reflects you, promotes you and engages your visitor.
Our brochure websites can be built using a WordPress platform or a bespoke content management system.
The choice purely depends on the complexity of your needs, your vision and in some cases, your budget.
WordPress Brochure Websites
By and large, our brochure websites are built using WordPress, for several reasons;
- Firstly, they are ridiculously versatile. WordPress starts with a template and branches out into endless possibilities. Add-ons (called plug-ins) are available for every eventuality. In this way, we begin with a template but what we end up with is a unique, individual site that stands out and does exactly what you want it to do.
- Secondly, they are easy to use and update, so you don’t have to rely on us to make all the little changes for you and means the information on your site is always current and save you a few crucial pennies on small design amends and updates.
- Thirdly, they are cost-effective. We don’t want you spending unnecessary money on a bespoke site when WordPress will more than meet your needs.
Bespoke Brochure Websites
Some businesses, however, favour a purely bespoke design. This means we will build your site from scratch, so you are not limited by a template. We do not start developing the website until you are happy with the visuals. From there you will see your website come alive. A bespoke design does come with a higher price tag and will take longer time-wise as it is more time-consuming building a site from the concept. We always take the time to listen to what you would like and offer you a variety of options so that you receive all of the information you need to make a final decision.
The good news about our bespoke websites is that you can still manage a lot of the updates yourself just like you can with a WordPress site. Our easy-to-use content management system has been created in a way that means you can amend your site yourself without the need for a web designer to do it for you (this is usually a drawback for bespoke designs). For example, with our content management system you can:
- Create and edit pages, uploading images files and videos
- Publish and edit blog posts or news stories
- Fully manage your online store, stock management and shipping options
- Run sales reports and view website statistics
If you’re worried that it still wouldn’t be simple enough, you can breathe easy. CMS training is included in all our websites, and we are always on hand to take your phone call and help you if you have forgotten something or, as these computers tend to, for some reason it just won’t work!
Need something even more individualised?
If you do need a site that requires highly personalised programming (say, for example, you need a price calculator or booking/membership system) take a look at our Advanced Systems page for more advice.
*We will only offer solutions that are GDPR and data law compliant.