What we do to keep your information private and confidential.
Adventure Graphics is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all those who use our website and our services.
In line with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) it is important to us that our visitors and customers understand what personal data we collect from you and how it will be processed.
What personal data do we collect?
Information provided by you:
- You provide us with personal details if you use our website enquiry form, subscribe to our newsletter, download our free PDF information packs or call/email us to ask for a quote. These personal details will include your name, email, company and telephone number.
- If you choose to use our services, you will provide us with invoice details including an address. If you pay by credit or debit card these details may be stored on our bank’s mobile app which is protected by the service provider.
Information we collect from you:
- If you agree to our cookies when you visit our website we collect your IP user address and information about the pages you accessed and how long you stayed on these pages as part of our Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics does not store, save or collect personal information and provides it to us in an anonymised format (general summary rather than individualised)
- As part of our marketing/advertising strategy, we have installed ‘Facebook Pixels’.
- When someone visits our website and takes an action (for example, clicking on a page or contacting us), the Facebook pixel is triggered and reports this action. This way, we’ll know when a customer took an action after seeing one of our Facebook ads. We will then be able to reach this customer again by using a Custom Audience.
- The ultimate aim is that as we see more website activity from our ads, Facebook gets better at delivering your ads to people who are more likely to take certain actions. This is called conversion optimisation.
- It also means that our visitors should begin to receive more targeted and relevant marketing information as the pixels remember what you are most interested in or have looked at before.
- Our email marketing campaigns contain tracking facilities within the actual email. It tracks things like opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. This information is used to refine our future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant & timely content based on their activity.
- If you follow us on social media we may contact you in the future in case our services are of interest. We will always ensure you can opt out and unsubscribe if you wish to though.
Information we collect on your behalf:
- As a web design agency, we often set up domain names, hosting and email accounts for our clients or you will give us your existing passwords/log-ins for your current websites/emails. In these instances, we will keep passwords and log-in details on our internal portal for future assistance.
Why do we hold your data?
We only hold the personal data that we need to provide our customers and prospects with relevant information and fulfil contractual obligations so if we hold your personal data it is because:
- You gave us your consent
- We need it to fulfil our contract with you
- We believe we have strong business reasons to contact you that could be mutually beneficial (this is legally called ‘legitimate interest’)
How do we use your data?
The personal details given to the website, or in an initial telephone enquiry, are used to process enquiries, prepare proposals using Better Proposals software (name and email address only) and/or send requested information eg e-guides, newsletters and emailers.
The telephone number is used to contact you should there be a problem with your enquiry (e.g. incorrect email address) or to find out more information so that we can provide you with a comprehensive quote as possible.
Your data is also used to send you marketing information and emailers.
Please note, if you enquire to us you have expressed an interest in our services so we will add you to our mailer database. You can easily unsubscribe if you no longer wish to hear from us.
The additional information we take from clients is used to fulfil our contractual obligation to you, complete the service needed (eg passwords for websites) and to invoice for payment.
For suppliers and industry partners, we use the information to make payments and to recommend your services to our clients.
Where do we store your data?
Your data is stored on our email system, our ‘Mailerlite’ account, our internal portal and ‘Kashflow’ (our accounting system).
All of these systems are hosted on our secure server.
Any hard copies of invoices that we used to hold for accounting purposes will be destroyed after 7 years.
Do we share your information?
We will share your email address and mailing address with our industry partners for print orders and deliveries if necessary.
We never share your information with any other external third parties, unless with your consent (for example, if you wish to use our industry SEO partners) or if your job requires the help of our suppliers (for example, our printers or photographer).
How long do we keep hold of your data?
We need to hold on to our invoices and financial records for at least 7 years.
Due to the nature of our business, our services are not required for sporadic amounts of time, therefore, our information and products are still relevant to clients/prospects. on an ongoing basis. For this reason, we will retain your email and address and contact you with marketing and special offers indefinitely unless you unsubscribe or let us know otherwise.
How do we secure your information?
We take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure, to the best of our knowledge, that the necessary security steps are taken.
We have a monthly security package provided by a local IT company which includes antivirus malware and ransomware and regular back ups.
We use generated passwords & secure servers to protect the information we hold.
Our website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy and uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate.
We have checked that the hosting company we use for our own, and all of our client’s websites, takes security and GDPR compliance seriously to protect the sites and data collected from them. For further details on our hosting company’s security measures please contact us directly.
While we do take all applicable technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data it is impossible for us to secure the entire internet it is, therefore, your responsibility to acknowledge this and to understand that the personal details you give to us by your own choice across the internet are transferred at your own risk.
What about our social media platforms?
Our social media engagement is subject to the customs and privacy policies of each social media platform. Social media may have their own tracking cookies in place.
While we take great care to ensure the security and safety of our follower’s personal information it is up to the individual to use the platforms with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
Adventure Graphics will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as telephone or email.
If we use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question, users do so at their own discretion. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL’s (web addresses) so that they look like this; http://bit.ly/wkDTpk18. These shortened URL’s can be prone to spam and hacking. Adventure Graphics cannot take any liability for damages/implications caused by visiting any shortened links
What are your Data Protection Rights?
Data Request: You may request a copy of the personal data we hold for you free of charge. If you would like a copy of this information, please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy. We will respond to your request within 30 days providing you supply us with appropriate proof of identity.
You may also request to amend the details we hold by contacting us directly by email or using the address at the bottom of the policy.
Your right to be forgotten: We strive to ensure that our direct marketing or emailers/newsletters contain relevant and useful information to add
value to your business however you will ALWAYS be able to unsubscribe. A clear and straightforward opt-out method is included on all of our communication with you so that you have an easy to follow route if you decide you no longer wish to be contacted by Adventure Graphics. Upon this request, your personal details will be deleted.
We will update this policy in response to legal, technical or business developments. It was last updated in July 2018.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
April 2018 Created by: Adventure Graphics Ltd, First Floor, Station House, Midland Drive, Sutton Coldfield, B72 1TU.